+1-510-230-0860 [email protected]

Today what most mobile app development companies miss is – uniqueness in the app. Most of the people look for the app that is different from the customers who are paying for it. While finding a balance between the resource availability and quality of the final app, an app should be built as per the customer’s requirement. This will help in reducing the gap between the final product and how users are expecting it to be.

And, this is where usability testing comes in – It helps in understanding what the end-users are expecting from the product you are developing. Usability testing or user’s research sometimes sounds like rocket science but it’s rather much simpler because it’s not expensive and time-consuming and doesn’t need an intricate set-up. And the best part is its actionable insights can be easily used in iterating the app. Moreover, usability testing has become as simpler as a phone call, Skype or Google Hangouts discussion. Sometimes Usability testing requires gathering few people in a room and asking them to perform a particular task. Even UAT can be a great help in initial phase of development. For example – if you have your wireframes and mockups in place you can create user-centric prototypes, just share those prototypes with users and observe their genuine feedback. Let’s take a look at other few crucial factors on why users should rely on usability testing rather than more on customer feedback for building successful delivery and long-term customer retention.

Because Customer feedback always changes

Your potential customers may range from corporate to a person, who just has an initial idea but they all have one common point. And, that’s – they have “few” suggestions for apps they want to have. These feedbacks and suggestions are established either by their own experience or by observing the potential users they are developing the app for. Observations mostly happens on-the-go and in a highly formless way. On the other hand when customer makes a suggestion and feedbacks, he/she tries to add as much as he/she can, which in turn, creates vagueness and which results in disorder of priority. And, this uncertainty of customer’s feedback causes multiple iterations during app development. And, here comes Usability testing because it can completely solve this challenge.

Quick and cost-effective usability testing can prove to be the key differentiator

In recent years, advent of technology and frameworks has led to certainly reduce the cost of app development. And, that’s why app development companies are promising to deliver the same app at a very competitive prices. So, in the edge of the competition, “Lean” usability testing can prove to be the key differentiator in the process of creating incredible user experiences.

Helps In earning customer’s confidence

Customer always expects a solution to a real-world challenge that he came across and based on that he offers some viable suggestions. According to Research about 35% of design options suggested by customers are too close to what users have been looking for. And, remaining 65% they expect from the developer.

Design companies and agencies make many assumptions based on their user experiences with such solutions. But as we discussed earlier, suggestions from the end customers should be wisely considered, as they’re the ones who’ll eventually use your app. For designing a user-centric app, you don’t need a flashy and huge usability testing lab setup, which comprises of cameras and multiple devices. You just need a quick prototype to upload the mockups and share the prototype links with your users in the design phase.

Wrapping It Up

In few cases due to involvement of multiple stakeholders in app development, it becomes difficult to capture and consolidate feedback from the entire customer group. And, what makes it worse is when users have different opinions about the design pattern, functionality, feature or an interface. So by having usability testing, you can have a successful mobile app.

mm

Anisha is a Blogger at Parangat Technologies. She just focuses on key technology and topics which can help people succeed in business.