Social media marketing offers some very common challenges that each business must overcome to achieve its goals. A well-drafted plan to attract customers and engage followers helps in building a strategy to achieve business goals.
Whether this is an attempt to optimize your strategy or you’re launching a brand-new campaign, this post will help you identify and target areas of your marketing plan that need work. We have compiled a list of 10 tips (or tricks, whichever suits you) that will rejuvenate your social media marketing campaign.
- Recognize the goals
Each plan or activity begins with setting your goals. Here’s a social media tip for individuals: always plan your goals, it marks the foundation for a successful social media marketing campaign. The SMART initiative will help you in identifying your goals.
- Specific, set goals that identify the objective clearly and accurately specify the outcome of the initiative
- Measurable, the goals must be quantifiable, meaning you can easily determine if they have been achieved
- Attainable, your goals must be achievable and reasonable to your limits, e.g. don’t expect a miracle to come to your rescue
- Relevant, the set goal must relate to your social media marketing strategy
- Timely, the goal must have a deadline, the approach must be accountable to keep the plan on track
- Identify the audience
The target audience of a social media marketing campaign may be a specific set or a diverse variety. To increase the engagement rate of your campaign and reduce costs, you must narrow the focus of your targeting. Your campaigns must be specifically designed for your target audience. Conduct online surveys, check customer feedback, review your visitors, layer your targeting, these approaches will help you in identifying your audience and target prospective customers.
- Identify the platforms
It takes time and money to run and manage social media marketing campaigns. There is a multitude of platforms at the disposal of a campaign manager, and the best of them mostly incur a cost for each campaign. Therein comes the need to identify the platforms that will have the most engagement rate and be easy to keep track of.
- Explore different platforms to test the presence and activity of the target audience
- Analyze the productivity of each platform, their pros and cons, pricing schemes, reach, etc.
4: Consistently update your content
High-quality content is a key focus area in social media marketing. Post only relevant and helpful content, because on social media quality bests quantity. Also, the posted content must be entertaining or engaging. While updating your content follow these tips for social media marketing success:
- Carefully choose the type of content to publish
- Curate old content, incorporate infographics, and repost your quality content
- Draft content carefully to woo the targeted audience
- Create social media calendars to organize your activities and plan your campaigns
5: Monitor your campaign
Analyze your campaign at regular intervals to measure and keep track of your efforts. Social media platforms make constant modifications. A campaign manager must be adept and quick to respond to the changes in social media platforms. The effectiveness of a campaign may change overnight. Consistently track the following entities to make sure your campaign remains effective:
- Engagement rate and reach of the campaign
- Watch the activities related to your campaigns on each social media platform
- The number of followers, visitors, shares, clicks, or customers
6: Provide a cohesive visual experience
It is crucial that your ads, as well as the landing pages, are well designed. An awful looking ad or landing page may immediately cause a user to lose interest. Both the entities, ads and landing pages, must match each other. The following tips will help you in providing a smooth experience to your visitors:
- Add infographics to explain your content
- Add images as the visual content is a quick way of expression
- Add interactive content on your websites, e.g. mini activities or games
7: Engage in communities
Communities are perfect to get in touch with your audience. You can influence the community directly with your content and increase your reach through shares and followers. If you have no presence in a community or there are no communities for your industry, take the lead and build one. Example of these communities can be local business groups, social media platforms, customer support, or forums.
8: Interact with customers
People often mistake the purpose of social media marketing to be solely limited to engaging the users. “Social”, where the concept of social media marketing begins, means interacting with customers, visitors, and even non-customers. It is important to engage your audience and maintain an in-reach online presence. Interacting with users may involve:
- Liking or sharing their posts
- Respond to their queries, posts, comments, etc.
- Request feedback from customers
- Offer discounts or coupons to value customers
- Participate in online conversations
9: Increase your audience
The objective of each social media campaign is to engage more and more audience. Hence, it’s imperative that a campaign manager takes steps to stretch the reach of the campaign to cover a greater audience.
- Satisfied customers revisit to obtain the services, and seldom bring more customers with them
- Advertisements are the fastest way to reach new audiences
- Interactive content keeps customers engaged and leaves a long-lasting impression
10: Lookout for your competitors
It’s always a safe practice to keep an eye out towards the activities of your enemies, in this case, your competitors. Watching your competitors gives you a competitive edge, also it helps you learn from their experience. Watch
- the type of content they post
- the engagement rate and activity around their content
- their followers and who they follow
- the frequency, type, and time of their posts
- their presence on different platforms
- their social marketing approaches and patterns
Bonus Read: A/B testing: Also known as split testing is used to compare the performance of multiple contents to check which generates a better result. This approach is used to test the performance/engagement of landing pages, sales pages, or ad campaigns.
These are some of the most important tips that must be focused upon while running a social media marketing campaign. They will help you increase your engagement rate and reach a larger number of audience. Also, be sure to manage the time and cost invested in your social media marketing campaign.