From the past few year, PWA (Progressive Web App) has been in discussion in the tech media. Have you ever wished that web app should behave more like mobile app? Have you ever dreamt of an app working in poor internet connection? Now Progressive Web App is here to fulfill your desire for it.
What are Progressive Web App?
Progressive Web App is the combination of best of experience for mobile app and for web app. These web apps are useful to users for the very first visit, they do not require any prior installation unlike the other mobile app. Companies like Google, Microsoft, Mozilla are working on a new modern web application standard which is the Progressive Web App. Now Apple too has jumped into the support to provide support to PWA on its platform as it is the future of application technology.
They are the next-big-thing in web development as they provide their users an experience of the mobile application without the necessity to install them. “Progressive Web App” simply is a term which summarizes all the features and making the user feel like mobile-app on a web platform without the requirement of installing? This technology is strongly supported by Google. The user’s experience for these, are similar to a web app’s.
Progressive Web App structure
The Progressive Web App has a simple structure. It consists of the app shell and the changing content.
The app manifest, a simple JSON file. It is the app manifest which helps the device to recognize the PWA and defines how it will be displayed on the screen of the user’s device.
The content is the dynamic part of the PWA structure, it changes and is refreshed every time connection with the internet is established.
Why to use Progressive Web App?
Let’s have a glimpse on the reasons to use a progressive app instead of other native and mobile app. Advantages of using a Progressive Web App has been listed below.
Reliable: The Progressive Web App is reliable they load instantly even in uncertain network condition. It provides interfaces even in poor or no internet connection. It has an offline support but it means it will work if the connection is slow or poor not that it will work without internet connection.
Fast: Many of the user will just leave the app or site if it takes more than 3 seconds to load. Apart from loading they also want after loading site or app runs smoothly. Loading of a Progressive Web App is instant and user will have a smooth experience even on loading of content.
Engaging: Provide an experience immense to that of a native application. These app can have features like push notifications, Web Payments, or Credential management and so on. The user will feel like working on a mobile application. These apps are installable and live on user’s home screen without the need of being installed from app store. Using a web manifest file, they provide full screen experience to the user. They can even re-engage users with push notification.
Responsive: The Progressive Web App is highly responsive app which will fit in any device be it mobile device desktop or any other.
Fresh: With the release of the service worker Progressive Web App will always be updated with the latest updates.
Safe: These web apps are always served via HTTPS, which ensures that no one with prior authorization will be able to access the app.
Discoverable: These web apps are easily discoverable with the search engine. Service worker registration scope that allows search engines to easily find them.
Linkable: PWA can be easily shared via a link. Which means they do not require complex installation.
App-like-Feel: The user will feel like working on a native app. They will have the native app-style and navigation.
Independent on web connectivity: The introduction of the service worker enables the Progressive Web App to function even in slow internet connection.
PWAs Can Help Your Business?
Indeed, even Microsoft’s online service, as Outlook.com, are presently PWA-empowered. There are at present a huge number of PWA-empowered sites, and more organizations are empowering versatile site controls with Service Workers to meet similarity.
PWA delivers it service where it counts. It helps to serve your customer with a better connectivity enhancing user experience. The key benefits that a company can enjoy by embracing PWA’s as a big part of their strategy on mobile platforms are:
Reduce development lead time: The PWA reduces the app development time to a great extent thereby allow you to grow your business with a great pace.
Simple updates: While we use a PWA it largely eliminates the problem of software fragmentation which may force a company needing to extend legacy support to old versions or risk cutting off sections of the user base until they initiate an update.
Unified customer experience: PWA ensures that all the user have the same version of the app. This unified customer experience helps you to consistently deliver a powerful and optimized user experience to your entire user-base.
Easier access and increased engagement: PWA requires a minimal amount of effort to meet out the user needs. PWAs offers a complete experience on mobile for the users without the need to download and install an app. This simplicity and leads to an increased engagement.
With the launching of every service, the user finds it inconvenient to actually go to the store download it as it requires much space on the device. This often leads them to the web, which requires way less effort. But then, we see inconvenience in using the web app because the web experience is not as smooth and optimal as the native app.
The solution for both the problem is solved by the arrival of a new web app technology i.e Progressive Web App.
The support for the Progressive Web App has increased and even Apple has started working on making its platform supportable to Progressive Apps so it’s time to get started with this new app technology and ease everything.
We at Parangat have been aiming to serve our customers with the latest trend in technology i.e Progressive Web App. At Parangat Technologies have a team of highly skilled and efficient members aiming to serve the customers with the new reliable technology to integrate their business growth. Have an app idea? Opt for a free quote or drop us an email on [email protected] to discuss further.
As an entrepreneur you need to have applications that giving a shape to your dream, you need to have a detailed research on the technology to be used for your projects and platform. You will come across Angular and React quickly in your research for it. There are various new technology coming out day to day. Some of which may be beneficial to you in a way and the other might have a negative face. Reactjs and Angular have been the unbeatable players in the field of front-end programming. As a programmer, you need to adapt yourself to the change to ensure your success. While going to the various articles and blog I found that many of them adding weight to benefit of one or the other. Taking about ReactJS it is one of the most competitive libraries for Angular. The popularity of the React can be very well denoted by the star it has received on GitHub in the past year. If you are a new to this era of development a freelancer company owner and on a track of analyzing which one to use for your upcoming projects then you will really be benefited by reading about ReactJs or Angular 5.
The answer merely adds to count on various factors which make certain technology suitable for one or the other project.
Angular JS framework is an open source code suitable for team interaction. The various reasons for Angular JS popularity are:
- Trustworthy as it is a google product which add to its trust factor
- Easy to adapt for developers
- Simplified code
- Customizability and interactivity of the apps developed through it
- MVC balance and advance testing feature
Advantages of latest version Angular 5:
- It uses MVVM (Model-View ViewModel) template as a base making it a modular solution enabling several teams of developers to use the same data.
- Two-way data binding used in Angular 5 allowing DOM to connect to Model data using the Controller
- Detailed documentation with a well-detailed and discussed cases enables the learner to study and learn with all info available
- The new feature RXJS, new HttpClient launch, Drivelog.de support, etc boosts up its advantages.
An open source library built by Facebook and Instagram developers for building up highly responsive and load smooth UIs. Reasons for react popularity are:
- A library strongly supported by Facebook.
- Ideas enclaved on React are quite beneficial for SEO and have an enhanced performance
- A highly flexible library
Advantages of React JS library:
- As it incorporates Virtual DOM so results in more responsive software. The load on the user devices and OS is reduced to a great instance make the apps perform rapidly.
- The developers can choose absolutely different ways of realizing the planned capabilities in the created UI based on the concept of the library instead of limiting to just a single thing react offers.
- React is much simpler as compared to any version of Angular where you need to explore TypeScript
- When you are on a way to build client-side a website focusing to render huge data in a single view then, in that case, React JS will serve you with the purpose, avoiding a delay of even few milliseconds enhancing user experience. So, for a constantly changing dynamic content website then you need to use React JS.
- You can go with ReactJS if in future you need to extend the functionality of the application you are building, update the views frequently and consistently and also if you are comfortable with the slow initial stage of the application development.
- When it comes to disadvantages, React JS was built back in 2013 still developers are facing problems in lower version of browser lower than IE8 reducing browser compatibility.
- You can go for Angular if you need a minimal viable product, an application which updates one view at a time or an immediate start of the application is needed.
Taking into account the above-mentioned feature about the front-end language ReactJS and AngularJS we can conclude with a fact that if we are on a way of finding flexibility and simplicity in building our apps or website then we can go with ReactJS. On the other side of the sea Angular5 will be more suitable and efficient way to boost and organize the way of working.
So, if you are new to development and need to build up a website or an app to enhance your business better to hire professionals. Parangat technologies have a team of highly skilled trained team of developer and they will enable you put forward your business in this competitive world and climb the mountain of success. We serve you as per your need. Hire the best to experience the best.
- React Native comes with an entirely different architecture: it uses the React component model to provide native views, instead of writing the UI using web technologies.
- Ionic is a Cordova based app that binds current web app into a mobile app. It leverages the existing android web view to render the app so that the file size remains quite small
- Ionic framework is costlier than react native apps
- The Ionic app is comparatively slower at loading videos because it needs to be downloaded from other server, while react native caches the tiles. And, that’s why it loads faster
- Through Ionic framework, code can be written just once while through React native, code can be written multiple times and can be run anywhere. And, that’s why it’s popularly hyped as a “learn once, write anywhere” framework.
- Ionic Framework app requires device features and APIs through Apache Cordova plugins while through react native any device component or API can be accessed.
Hence based on the above points, difference in their functionalities can be clearly understood. So if you are looking to create high performance iOS and Android apps that make you feel at home on their respective platforms then React Native is good. And, if you are targeted at building hybrid mobile apps, then go for Ionic.
We at Parangat technologies posses experience and expertise in both the frameworks – be it React Native or Ionic. Being a leading mobile app development company, we have worked on every trending and latest technologies and frameworks. We posses expertise and experience in designing and delivering iconic mobile apps on Ionic framework, thus taking the max out of AngularJS on open source platform. We are experienced and expert in delivering front-end mobile app development services on Ionic framework for iOS, Android and Windows mobile OS. Our team of highly proficient Ionic developers leverages the mobile SDK, plugins, themes, side menu, UI library, widgets, touch and other high-end elements of the framework to develop rich and robust cross-platform apps.