Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions are majorly designed to help sales people in better tracking, monitoring, and closing deals, be it B2B or B2C. In recent years CRM has shown growth in the industry and that’s why it is considered to grow in the coming years, too. It’s expected that by 2025, industry is expected to grow by $81.9 billion. In a recent survey performed by senior US-based B2B marketers, CRMs huge popularity and ease of use, has made it one of the most popular and trending tools. And in the coming years, it’s expected to become one of the most ground-breaking and valuable tools, thus making it to the top in the list of best marketing tools and technologies.
One of the common perceptions that people are making for CRM solutions is – it provides an amazing and great value to B2B companies. So the question arises then why do some B2B companies struggle in their sales, despite of having exceptional CRM solutions to support and assist them?
One of the reasons behind this failure is sales experts set themselves responsible for the failure because they have few myths. Let’s take a look at those myths that could cause B2B companies to struggle with their sales:
- We could wait as we have a lot of time to sell: Today not only the seller but also the buyers have become pro-active and that’s why some B2B buyers after primary research, approach vendors especially when they’re close to the decision. As a result, vendor/seller who responds quickly cracks the deal.
- Most of the times, vendor who offers cost-effective prices wins the business: However, being price competitive is crucial. One way of making your services and solutions cost-effective is sales team could offer the solutions as per the individual’s needs, and that could be done by providing specific advice to your prospects.
- A strong brand must have strong sales team and sales processes: A targeted marketing and well-versed approach could help you in getting in the door, but you will lose the business, if you’ll not have strong sales processes. And that include effective tracking and frequent follow-up on sales inquiries.
- B2B customers never buy on personal connections and emotion: A proficient Sales teams knows that B2B Sales can never be closed on the basis of personal connections and emotions only. Gaining trust and earning credibility are a few factors that could help in closing the deal.
- More Responsive Wins the Race: We all live in a fast-paced world where everyone is facing issues and are constantly under the pressure to deliver. Buyers don’t wait just because of your existing connections. If someone else is responsive and could help them in delivering as per their business requirements they would choose them over you.
- B2B clients have high chances of getting converted into existing clients: Proficient sales team could easily make their B2B clients understand and educate about the customized solutions.
So if you are a part of a B2B sales team and looking to improve the team’s performance, then the above mentioned points will definitely help you.