- React Native comes with an entirely different architecture: it uses the React component model to provide native views, instead of writing the UI using web technologies.
- Ionic is a Cordova based app that binds current web app into a mobile app. It leverages the existing android web view to render the app so that the file size remains quite small
- Ionic framework is costlier than react native apps
- The Ionic app is comparatively slower at loading videos because it needs to be downloaded from other server, while react native caches the tiles. And, that’s why it loads faster
- Through Ionic framework, code can be written just once while through React native, code can be written multiple times and can be run anywhere. And, that’s why it’s popularly hyped as a “learn once, write anywhere” framework.
- Ionic Framework app requires device features and APIs through Apache Cordova plugins while through react native any device component or API can be accessed.
Hence based on the above points, difference in their functionalities can be clearly understood. So if you are looking to create high performance iOS and Android apps that make you feel at home on their respective platforms then React Native is good. And, if you are targeted at building hybrid mobile apps, then go for Ionic.
We at Parangat technologies posses experience and expertise in both the frameworks – be it React Native or Ionic. Being a leading mobile app development company, we have worked on every trending and latest technologies and frameworks. We posses expertise and experience in designing and delivering iconic mobile apps on Ionic framework, thus taking the max out of AngularJS on open source platform. We are experienced and expert in delivering front-end mobile app development services on Ionic framework for iOS, Android and Windows mobile OS. Our team of highly proficient Ionic developers leverages the mobile SDK, plugins, themes, side menu, UI library, widgets, touch and other high-end elements of the framework to develop rich and robust cross-platform apps.