Since inception, mobile apps have largely influenced our lives by changing the way we do everything right from the traveling to trade, entertainment to education and beyond. Let’s take a look at the scope and role of mobile apps in automotive industry.
Like in any other industry, role of mobile app in automotive industry is luring for both – companies (car manufacturers & car dealers) and consumers who are all set to imbibe mobile technology for better driving experience. Here are a few statistics on Automotive Mobile app development. Let’s take a look at them:
- According to Juniper research, in-vehicle mobile apps will have a market of nearly $1.2 billion by 2017.
- Further it predicted that – by 2017, 120 million app-connected vehicles will be on the road worldwide and out of these around 75 per cent of cars will be in North America, Latin America and Western Europe.
- By 2017, around 20 % of consumer cars in Western Europe and North America will be app-connected vehicles.
- As per the report published by Anthony Cox of Juniper Research, “Imbibing the Smart devices into the vehicle has become, and will continue to be, a key driver for automotive infotainment and in-vehicle Internet access.”
- According to Egil Juliussen of IHS Research “In coming years, an explosion in the use of in-vehicle apps in cars will be seen” Furthermore, as per HIS reports, 38 per cent of new car buyers and owners want in-vehicle apps.
- Advertisers will leverage in-vehicle app technology to entice new consumers.
- In-car apps will open the door to new business opportunities and models for content providers and mobile app developers.
So, above are a few interesting facts and stats of role of mobile apps in automotive industry. Beyond statistics, let’s take a look at the types of automotive mobile apps:
Automotive mobile app development
- For car manufacturers: Mobile apps for car manufacturers focus on entertainment, thus offering videos (e.g. BMW TV) and music streaming features (e.g. Audi Music Stream). These apps serve the clients – who want to have a customized look for their cars including personalized interior or exterior of their cars by choosing the color, wheels, interior leather and decorations, etc.
- Launched for the car dealers: Mobile apps for car dealers will help them in improving their services by equipping employees with app. It will provide real time data and information of inventory related discounts and special offers etc. (e.g. Glockner)
However, automotive mobile app development is yet in its nascent stage for creating a flawless and seamless interface between the driver and technology by using audible mobile apps which can be operated through voice commands in order to reduce driver distraction from using hand-held Smart devices while driving. But undoubtedly, consumers are showing amazing interest in automotive mobile apps. For example, MyFord Mobile app has more than 1,000 downloads.
If you are looking for mobile app Development Company that can help you in building your next in-vehicle app, you are at a right place. All you have to do is set up a free appointment with us.