React Native is a cross-platform framework used for mobile app development. Due to its reusability and shareable features of the components created, it is among the developer’s favorites. Another reason for its popularity is its extensive support through various channels like StackOverflow, Discord, and Slack. There are other frameworks as well that give you native-like experience such as Flutter, but the reasons curated below are enough to justify why you should choose React Native.
Here are the curated reasons to choose React Native for your next app development:
1. Cost of App Development
2. Shareable Codebase
Since React Native code is shareable, i.e., one component code and logic is reusable in another with little modifications. It means writing one React Code can create native apps for both iOS and Android.
3. Backed by Facebook
React Native has a rich support from the developer’s community. Because of its rich codebase which is developed by Facebook itself. As well as, it is an open-source project, so many people keep the code healthy and updated.
4. Near-native Experience
React Native might not give the authentic native experience, due to availability to use native features like Image, View, and Text, users can feel the near-native experience. For maximum performance, React Native code is mergeable with OS-specific features.
5. Cross-platform Support
Code once, use everywhere. That’s the significant benefit of using React Native, as with little modifications, the same component is reusable in different platforms, whether it is a web or mobile app.
Many tech-giants prefer to use React Native over other frameworks available. Giants include Facebook, Baidu, Bloomberg, Skype, Uber, Tesla, Pinterest, Wix, Walmart, Salesforce, Shopify, Soundcloud, and many more. It means React Native is a highly credible framework. Recently, the engineering team announced to create the reusable core components using React Native for their React-based Shopify website.
7. Third-Party Plugin Support
One of the main reasons, developers across the globe prefer to use React Native over the native code is the third-party plugins. Using package managers like npm, developers can integrate multiple components without developing from scratch. Like phone number validation, instead of writing a Regex expression and developing a custom global component, developers can incorporate third-party built validator and combine it with their code.
8. Less App Size
Apple app store and Google’s play store rankings revealed that apps taking less download size usually tops the charts. With React Native it is easily possible, as, during run-time, most of the code gets used; also, it eliminates the need for cross-bridge linking.
9. Hot-Reload Functionality
Many of the developers went through the pain of slow iteration of the code changes on the app, as the native code takes too much time in compiling the code. But, React Native code compilation is faster and thus providing the facility of Hot-reloading, where the changes get deployed on-the-fly.
React native is great for the apps that profoundly requires rich User Interface and User Experience. It uses a flexbox for layout, which gives the same experience and feel across the devices. Most of the UI components are used directly using the Facebook provided UI library or from Bootstrap, Materials, and many other third-party libraries.
11. Community Support
Since React Native, is an open-source project and quite a popular one, as it has more than 86k stars on GitHub and more than 2000 contributions made. Also, the following are more support options –
- Reactiflux Discord – This is a chat group on Discord, where the developers can get their query resolved fast by other React Native developers.
- Forum-like groups – If you are more focused on post announcements, blogs, and videos, that are non-temporary conversations, then these groups should be joined –
- Content-sharing platforms– Platforms such as Medium and DevTo have specific react-native tags, so that it is easier for readers or authors to write or read articles, how-to guides, and also discuss the features of React Native either upcoming or past.
Even though we shared the reasons to choose React Native for your next app development, we also curated the reasons of Why not to choose Flutter.
React Native Vs Flutter
- Components library – When compared to React Native, the components library of Flutter is quite smaller and non-inclusive.
- Adaptive components – React Native components are more comfortable to manipulate, sometimes doesn’t require any modifications at all. Whereas in Flutter, it involves a lot of changes to adapt to the requirements.
- Ecosystem – Since many tech-giants uses React Native, it’s ecosystem is quite developed and has a lot of supporting packages available, whereas Flutter has few packages.
- Popularity among developers – Since Flutter is relatively new, it has gained popularity quickly, but the contributions and community support of React Native are still enormous.
If you are looking for top React Native App Development Company then keep in touch with us!