React Native is a cross-platform framework used for mobile app development. Due to its reusability and shareable features of the components created, it is among the developer’s favorites. Another reason for its popularity is its extensive support through various channels like StackOverflow, Discord, and Slack. There are other frameworks as well that give you native-like experience such as Flutter, but the reasons curated below are enough to justify why you should choose React Native.
Here are the curated reasons to choose React Native for your next app development:
1. Cost of App Development
2. Shareable Codebase
Since React Native code is shareable, i.e., one component code and logic is reusable in another with little modifications. It means writing one React Code can create native apps for both iOS and Android.
3. Backed by Facebook
React Native has a rich support from the developer’s community. Because of its rich codebase which is developed by Facebook itself. As well as, it is an open-source project, so many people keep the code healthy and updated.
4. Near-native Experience
React Native might not give the authentic native experience, due to availability to use native features like Image, View, and Text, users can feel the near-native experience. For maximum performance, React Native code is mergeable with OS-specific features.
5. Cross-platform Support
Code once, use everywhere. That’s the significant benefit of using React Native, as with little modifications, the same component is reusable in different platforms, whether it is a web or mobile app.
Many tech-giants prefer to use React Native over other frameworks available. Giants include Facebook, Baidu, Bloomberg, Skype, Uber, Tesla, Pinterest, Wix, Walmart, Salesforce, Shopify, Soundcloud, and many more. It means React Native is a highly credible framework. Recently, the engineering team announced to create the reusable core components using React Native for their React-based Shopify website.
Read Also: what could go wrong while developing apps with react native
7. Third-Party Plugin Support
One of the main reasons, developers across the globe prefer to use React Native over the native code is the third-party plugins. Using package managers like npm, developers can integrate multiple components without developing from scratch. Like phone number validation, instead of writing a Regex expression and developing a custom global component, developers can incorporate third-party built validator and combine it with their code.
8. Less App Size
Apple app store and Google’s play store rankings revealed that apps taking less download size usually tops the charts. With React Native it is easily possible, as, during run-time, most of the code gets used; also, it eliminates the need for cross-bridge linking.
9. Hot-Reload Functionality
Many of the developers went through the pain of slow iteration of the code changes on the app, as the native code takes too much time in compiling the code. But, React Native code compilation is faster and thus providing the facility of Hot-reloading, where the changes get deployed on-the-fly.
React native is great for the apps that profoundly requires rich User Interface and User Experience. It uses a flexbox for layout, which gives the same experience and feel across the devices. Most of the UI components are used directly using the Facebook provided UI library or from Bootstrap, Materials, and many other third-party libraries.
11. Community Support
Since React Native, is an open-source project and quite a popular one, as it has more than 86k stars on GitHub and more than 2000 contributions made. Also, the following are more support options –
- Reactiflux Discord – This is a chat group on Discord, where the developers can get their query resolved fast by other React Native developers.
- Forum-like groups – If you are more focused on post announcements, blogs, and videos, that are non-temporary conversations, then these groups should be joined –
- Content-sharing platforms– Platforms such as Medium and DevTo have specific react-native tags, so that it is easier for readers or authors to write or read articles, how-to guides, and also discuss the features of React Native either upcoming or past.
Even though we shared the reasons to choose React Native for your next app development, we also curated the reasons of Why not to choose Flutter.
React Native Vs Flutter
- Components library – When compared to React Native, the components library of Flutter is quite smaller and non-inclusive.
- Adaptive components – React Native components are more comfortable to manipulate, sometimes doesn’t require any modifications at all. Whereas in Flutter, it involves a lot of changes to adapt to the requirements.
- Ecosystem – Since many tech-giants uses React Native, it’s ecosystem is quite developed and has a lot of supporting packages available, whereas Flutter has few packages.
- Popularity among developers – Since Flutter is relatively new, it has gained popularity quickly, but the contributions and community support of React Native are still enormous.
If you are looking for top React Native App Development Company then keep in touch with us!
One of the biggest dilemmas is to choose a digital solution for your business. Technologists work constantly to update existing technologies and techniques. In such circumstances where technology evolves every day, choosing a framework for app development is often faced with a lot of options. You may surround yourself with tons of questions like is hybrid app development the right choice? Or should opt for cross platform app development. These are among many questions emerging when you consider which way is best for your business.
When we think about the framework it’s all about native apps and hybrid apps. But here we are going to specifically talk about the hybrid framework, but before that let’s know about hybrid apps.
What is a Hybrid App?
Hybrid apps can be created from a single code base for any platform. So, hybrid apps can run on ios and android. Examples are Instagram, uber, amazon app store, etc.
Now, coming to frameworks, many frameworks in the world offer to be hybrid app development. It is not easy to pick the right framework between many available scenarios for your application development needs. Being one of the most experienced mobile app development agencies in India, we suggest you evaluate frameworks which are desirable for hybrid apps.
Hybrid App Framework- Ionic
Ionic is the next growing hybrid mobile device framework in the list that develops applications similar to native applications. Ionic is an HTML5 open-source platform for developing mobile hybrid applications. The framework has become much more popular today and the effect is impressive if it is combined with AngularJS.
Ionic is excellent to develop basic native functionality in a computer with different operating systems. The framework also allows fast and cost-effective development and eliminates maintenance requirements, because you need to write a single application for the Web and Mobile platforms. Besides, there is a range of useful features available for the command-line interface. Examples of ionic frameworks are MarketWatch. Pacifica, Sworkit, JustWatch, etc.
Pros of Ionic Framework
- Build an application once and distribute it to devices like iOS, Android and Windows.
- The implementation of AngularJS provides a solid SDK for rich and robust applications.
- The HTML, CSS and JS platform focuses on rapid development, low costs, and low maintenance.
Cons of Ionic Framework
- The output of the app may not be as fast as if the app was native to every device.
- The use of AngularJS allows developers to be able to create complex applications.
- In-app navigation building can be especially challenging because the UI-router is currently difficult to navigate
Though Ionic disadvantages impact the fact that the program is not explicitly designed for each device. But still Ionic is a great option to build simple native functionalities to run on multiple devices and operating systems in an application.
Pros of React Native
- Faster to build
- One framework Multiple
- Hot Reloading
- Smaller Teams
- Fast Application
- Simplified UI
- Reliable and stable Apps
Cons of React Native
- Ready-made components
- Native code required
- App performance lacks as compared to pure native apps
- Components quality
- Steep learning curve
In conclusion, React Native is a fantastic platform for something basic and fast – like applications with lists, lotteries, etc., anything more complicated than that would take more resources.
Many hybrid apps frameworks are available and in the list of the desirable framework, the phone gap is also there. Let’s understand what the phone gap & why you should opt for it?
PhoneGap is an amazing cross-platform system that helps developers to build apps that run seamlessly on various mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows and more. It also provides a Build service where you can develop app-store-ready applications without the hassle of maintaining native SDKs, as the devices are complied with directly in the PhoneGap cloud. PhoneGap has an extensive plugin library where you can find nearly all the plugins you need to build your app and you can also get support from PhoneGap developers ‘wide group.
Pros of Phone Gap
- Strong and Robust backed
- Compatible on all platforms
- Ease of development
For everything else, there are some areas for a change of PhoneGap too. Now that we’ve looked at its strengths we can move on and look at its drawbacks.
Cons of Phone Gap
- Not all functionalities are supported.
- PhoneGap can be inefficient when operating with native software.
- The performance of cross-platform applications is quite modest when compared to apps built for individual platforms
- The PhoneGap framework allows the developers to create the apps once. It then charges some fees every month.
We just looked at the outstanding features and reviewed some of the strengths of the PhoneGap system. Entrepreneurs should evaluate the advantages and disadvantages based on business requirements, project costs and then take a judicious call.
Pros of Framework7
- Framework 7 helps you to create IOS and android apps only with the HTML, CSS and JS code.
- It is not more difficult than designing a website to create any mobile applications under framework 7.
- Other frameworks such as angular and react can be used.
- High-performance animation
- It’s an Ios specific, that’s why most leading ios developers in India use the framework 7 for ios app development. THough It was later adopted for android.
Cons of Framework 7
- Framework 7 has been designed around the Apple environment, so themes on Android devices may not look fine.
- Except for android and ios, it doesn’t support other platforms.
- A support forum is difficult to use.
The development of Xamarin apps is seen as one of the best tools to build cross-platform applications. Xamarin’s device user interface uses native controls on every platform. The features of reusability and the functions and software make the process fast and help save a substantial amount of time. Well, before going with xamarin, make sure that you know its pros and cons and then make a decision accordingly.
Pros of Xamarin
- User interface
- Best component store
- Xamarin test cloud
- Shared app logic can be written just once, but deployed across various platforms.
- Go live within a week
Cons of Xamarin
- Lack of community support
- Can’t share code outside xamarin
- App overhead
- Some manual coding required
Xamarin is certainly a better option than hybrid apps as they just display the app in a frame on whatever computer you run it, and connect to the platform-specific APIs to make it work.
Frameworks are seen as one of the key resources used to build mobile and web applications. It should be kept in mind that every project and demand has a specific requirement. The choice of the frame should, therefore, be made sensibly after the consumer has defined the appropriate factor.
This is of course not a complete list as there are several hybrid application development frameworks available on the market today. If you’re planning to build a mobile app, using the hybrid model upper mention frameworks would save your time and money as well as reusing the code to create a web app. As the above-mentioned are desirable frameworks.
We live in the age of technology, where everything is online. And many businesses that don’t have an online presence are now turning their way towards digitalization. So, when you considered investing in a mobile app, you get surrounded by a barrage of terminology. I know it’s tough turf, and you may have lots of questions like what is Native, Hybrid, or Web App and it’s advantages? Or which is the most appropriate app for your business?
If you are looking for an answer to these questions this post is for you.
The Secret War of Mobile Platform
From the dawn of mobile apps, a war is taking place between approaches of mobile platforms. Nobody can tell when it begins and when it stops, but it is there and it happens. So you must choose a mobile app platform for your business very carefully. The salvation for your business depends entirely on the app platform you opt for.
The key reason to write this post is to explain some conflicting information about the web, native and hybrid apps. Using this post, you can easily understand the best and safest approach to your business. So without further adieu let’s understand.
What is the Native Platform? Why Choose it?
The best example of a native app is the apps that you see on your day to day life are Native. It’s built-in one language and can be used on other platforms. The app designed for iOS can use Objective-C, and then Swift. Alternatively, the Java language is used for apps that are built on the Android platform. Because of its benefits and applications, most of the business and companies are using the Native platform.
Now you know that native mobile applications stand for, either Android, iOS. So the question arises why to invest in a native android or ios app development that can only run on one specific platform or even a device. where you can get an app that can run on both the platforms and on various devices as well?
The reasons to go for Native platform
- Access to device feature
- Greater operational Speed
- Compatible with complex apps
- Work in offline mode
- Native experience
What is Hybrid App Development? and why choose it?
Let’s understand the reason why some developers prefer a hybrid app. Well, the answer is simple as it helps to save time and money. Building a hybrid app is faster than creating two native apps for iOS and Android and maybe slightly cheaper. Besides, hybrid apps do not require developer proficiency in two programming languages.
Reason to Opt for a Hybrid App is
- Budget-Friendly Yet Lucrative in all terms
- Scalable & Easy Development Phase
- Offline Access – A great advantage
- Approval before update
- Easy App Maintenance
- What is a web app and why choose it?
What is a Web App?
Reasons to Opt for a Web App is
- The best thing about the web app is it does not require to be installed or downloaded.
- Easy to maintain
- Easier and faster to build as compared to mobile apps
- Most importantly do not require app store permission
Well, now we know about the different platforms and their advantages. It’s high time to choose the best one. This will help to solve the predicament of yours for developing an app. And to know that let’s have a look at differences between app types through these key implications.
Time to market
one factor you consider before opting for developing an app is time. As native apps take the longest time, while web apps take less time, and hybrid sits in the middle. Another time-consuming factor for marketing the app in the store app approval process.
Target Audience and User Experience
It all makes a difference, who you are targeting. Many types of apps are best tailored to the needs of the audience’s tastes, backgrounds, and pain points.
Features of the App
The main factor to look into this decision-making process is the feature factor. To get a clear view of how web and hybrid/native are distinct from their ability to use native APIs on apps.
One aspect that you have to take into account is that the system will run the application with all its features and layers. So that any potential functionality that you might want to add you can add. To ensure that there is space for growth and that you are not limited by an app form.
Development costs rely largely on the programming language and the time frame required. The cost to native apps is among the most expensive as they require the recruitment of a mobile app development company, and a longer time to be created.
Because of the potential to be identified organically, your marketing strategy will influence the option of your app. While web apps do not exist in app shops, websites with email, social media, and other channels have proved effective for your business.
In comparison, hybrid and native apps exist in application stores and can be configured by reviews, testing, screenshots and more for search and app store rankings. Web apps are without this ability and rely primarily on classic digital marketing for their delivery.
Each of these three applications has its advantages and disadvantages and your choice will affect your development. This is why knowing and using your strengths and weaknesses to achieve the best return in the form of your application is key in this process.
And once you consider your options, you must work with developers who can see your idea and make it live on your budget and the core purpose of your company. It is important to work with the expert mobile app developers team with exact technology, which supports your decision so that your application can reach its full potential.
Whenever we have to develop an Android application, the programming language popups in mind is java. And the reason behind opting java is because it has been used in a huge number of android applications. Even though Kotlin is considered as the principal language for android app development, android still supports java.
As per Google’s report 2017, they announced Kotlin as a new official language for Android programming. Since then, there’s been constant uncertainty and dilemma for the android app development company toward its development process. And the problem they are struggling with is simple, i.e. what should they use Java or Kotlin to build android applications? Well if you are looking for the solution to your predicament, you are in the right place. To get the solution, let’s understand the kotlin and its advantages? And java and its advantages?
What is Java?
Sun Microsystems originally developed Java as a project-oriented programming language. It is under the influence of Oracle in the present era. Java has taken a seat in the android development community for more than two decades. Playing an important role in developing various android applications. Yes, it’s a fact that java had an overwhelming reputation. But the requirement for an advanced programming language that would fill the holes and shortcomings left by Java. And this made it possible for Kotlin to take the lead in the android development process.
Advantages of Java
- Java is a fairly basic language and easy to understand. The curve for learning is very simple and quick.
- Java is the go-to-language of many developers to build cross-platform applications. It also works very well in native applications.
- Compact and lightweight applications built on Java contribute to improved user experience.
- The assembly and management of larger tasks are simpler and faster, credit is given to the rapid assembly of Gradle.
- Java helps you to make more coding in less time thanks to its fast build process. Understanding and learning are more simple.
- Java can run it in a browser-window or virtual machine. It is really useful when the code is reused and the program is modified.
- Android relies on Java very much. There are several Java libraries on the Android SDK.
What is kotlin?
Kotlin programmers from JetBrains (creators of integrated development environments) were designed to upgrade Java mobile development by incorporating advanced features. Google itself said goodbye to Java and said hello to Kotlin on Android internally.
Advantages of kotlin
- In android growth, Kotlin has a tight grip. Therefore it is often used in Backend projects such as Spring 5.
- Thanks to its scripting capacity, Kotlin can be used directly in Gradle construct scripts.
- It’s easy to convert Java to Kotlin. It can be done by simply setting up the Kotlin plugin, applying it to Gradle build files and choosing “convert.”
- Kotlin is embracing new programming principles. These include representatives, functions for higher orders, extension features and much more to help clean APIs.
- Kotlin offers null security assistance incorporated with an ultimate lifesaver. Particularly with android.
- In contrast to Java, Kotlin is much more descriptive and succinct. This ensures that very little space remains for mistakes.
- New modules that can work together with the current Java code can be written in Kotlin. The advantage is that JVM, Java frameworks and libraries are compliant with this. This can be combined easily with or with Maven Construction Systems.
Java or kotlin: which you should consider and why?
When comparing these two programming languages in terms of results, there is no observable and clear distinction between them. But the discussion on’ Kotlin vs Java’ continues. Kotlin is known to generate a byte code similar to Java byte code., these two are also known for acting similarly. The situation gets different when it comes to partial and full builds.
In the case of complete builds, Java is the fastest programming language. The compilation pace is 13% faster than in Kotlin. Kotlin takes the lead in the case of gradual collection. One might say, Kotlin lags behind Java in cleaning complete builds, but exceeds Java in incremental builds.
The first version of Java was released twenty years ago. The language is familiar to everyone else. Kotlin is a modern language that embraces all the information gained in the last few years in terms of language design. It concentrates on specific roles.
Direct response on’ Kotlin vs. Java–Who’s better’ is yet sought by developers? However, although these two are in several ways close, it is easier to declare any one of them the winner.
Kotlin was deliberately developed to be better than Java, but JetBrains didn’t rewrite its IDEs in a new language. You may start to collaborate with Kotlin in a Java or Android existing project and it all will work out very well. As Kotlin runs the JVM and compiles Javan Bytecode.
Kotlin: A better java in 2020?
While Kotlin offers many advantages, whereas Java still has some drawbacks. If you let your team experiment with Kotlin, note that it isn’t always exciting to move to a new language for developers who have already found the best tools and techniques for them.
At least a month you will have to give your team to familiarize yourself with Kotlin and maybe certain team members do not match your Kotlin project on time. You do have to note that Java doesn’t go anywhere and remains important for the development of the Android app.
But it makes sense for you to try Kotlin if you are an early beginner looking for a new challenge, particularly if you want to work in creative startup projects. However, being a mobile app development company, ask your developers, to test Kotlin for practical benefits one moves at a time.
The whole world is shattered due to COVID- 19 pandemic. Coming in the next two weeks is very difficult for India, as the whole country is on lockdown.
Working in Software Development Company
Being a mobile app development company, Parangat technologies understand that to get a complete grip on this deadly flue. Some major steps are needed to be taken, so Paranagat decided to work from home. Remote work is our current workplace reality. To manage colleagues, customers, partners, & other parangat global families, & keeping employees engaged can be challenging. This unique environment, need myriad opportunities to support our teams and grow as team leaders. Well, thanks to an app like zoom to make this remote-work successfully.
Remote Working Apps- A Blessing
Apps like zoom help to bring video conferencing, online meetings and group messaging into one easy-to-use application. Zoom had helped us select a few best practices. These practical tools help to manage a remote team successfully. Like it helps us to solidify team logistics, check availability & schedule check-in time, staff engagement and productivity, to keep things clear, & most importantly add fun.
During this, the pandemic we are stuck to work from home. And being in the tech industry we are well known for our flexible schedules and helpful telecoms. As most technology businesses are web-focused, technology is the best tool for working from home. We can remain online continuously as if we were sitting in our office. plus stay connected with our teams with video chats, phone calls, VPN networks, and wireless Internet. Nevertheless, work from home has its own benefits.
Some of The Major Benefits For Work From Home:
- Limber schedule– it helps the ability to adjust the days and hours of being in the office. Furthermore, it allows workers to work remotely including potential nights and weekends.
- Custom Environment– create work from the home schedule and work the way you want.
- Health benefits- Those who work from home eat well and strike a balanced balance between work and life. Eating healthy and spending more time with your family will help to make you feel less depressed. Which leads to more productive work.
- Nature of tech- In IT companies, Remote employees are more prominent in the tech-sphere. The nature of most technical worker especially jobs for developers and programmers. May lead to strong attention to detail and long periods of concentration. Working at home will reduce the challenges faced by these employees and allow them to work more during working hours.
- It’s easier to make calls- You don’t need to struggle to find a meeting place or contend with a chatty colleague.
- No office distractions- No need to listen, colleague debate on cryptocurrencies. You can fully devote yourself to your coding.
- No more wasting time on meetings- Recall the thing about productivity? Yeah, much of that comes from cutting down all the unnecessary meetings and other wasted periods in the workplace.
- Forget crowds and traffic- No Need of stuffing yourself into a rickety transport tube, where people squeeze your new shoes or go behind excruciatingly slow people. Neither you have to wait in a queue to get into the metro.
How to Improve Productivity While Working From Home?
As we are stuck to work from home during this pandemic. Instead of focusing on how boring it is, why not concentrate on its productivity. Since your home office has become a real office sooner than later, it is a perfect time now to start implementing some best practices to maintain successful working hours.
To help you to improve productivity, here we are discussing some of the applications. That has been designed to enhance your productivity and make you work smarter rather than faster. It is the least we can do being in the tech field.
Thus, many of the resources I suggest here are free and the paid ones are all free or offer relatively inexpensive options. You can use below mention tools to enhance your own workflow, to please your managers and to translate remote work into real-life changes.
Some Famous Apps To Help You Work From Home
- Serene: A tool that removes distractions, allows you to stay focused and complete tasks more quickly.
- Slack: For the communicating team, the way it should be for remote workers.
- Zoom: Either you have to call in groups or one-to-one. Zoom is best for Video and voice calls.
- Toggle: Keep track of how much time you take to complete the work.
- Google Drive: This helps you in document creation, cloud storage, file sharing, and collaboration.
- Calendar: Helps to manage Calendars and activities in one location and meetings are coordinated without hundreds of emails.
- Spark: An intelligent email client, which prevents the inbox from interacting and turning it into an asset.
- Chrome Remote Desktop: Securely access your computer for enhanced communication from any platform and screen sharing with teammates.
- Zapier: Save time on repetitive tasks and automatically turn between applications (e.g. automatically saves Google Drive Gmail attachments)
- Daywise: Schedule notifications to stop work interrupting your free time.
Such resources will give you the edge you need to achieve more quickly and are a blessing for software development companies like us. As . It will allow you to develop good working habits (for example, logging off after work) so you know you’ve done plenty today. Like I say, optimizing profitability and all the positive stuff about remotely can happen.
Other important aspects are how you concentrate in the longest sitting, how long it takes to get back on track, and how you interact best. When you are self-motivated, you’ll follow a routine well and encounter limited distractions, while working from home.
Anyhow along with work, take care of your health. Follow the advice and guidelines of the public health service. Including the provision of health services such as daily hand washing and respiratory hygiene to protect from infections.