One of the biggest dilemmas is to choose a digital solution for your business. Technologists work constantly to update existing technologies and techniques. In such circumstances where technology evolves every day, choosing a framework for app development is often faced with a lot of options. You may surround yourself with tons of questions like is hybrid app development the right choice? Or should opt for cross platform app development. These are among many questions emerging when you consider which way is best for your business.
When we think about the framework it’s all about native apps and hybrid apps. But here we are going to specifically talk about the hybrid framework, but before that let’s know about hybrid apps.
What is a Hybrid App?
Hybrid apps can be created from a single code base for any platform. So, hybrid apps can run on ios and android. Examples are Instagram, uber, amazon app store, etc.
Now, coming to frameworks, many frameworks in the world offer to be hybrid app development. It is not easy to pick the right framework between many available scenarios for your application development needs. Being one of the most experienced mobile app development agencies in India, we suggest you evaluate frameworks which are desirable for hybrid apps.
Hybrid App Framework- Ionic
Ionic is the next growing hybrid mobile device framework in the list that develops applications similar to native applications. Ionic is an HTML5 open-source platform for developing mobile hybrid applications. The framework has become much more popular today and the effect is impressive if it is combined with AngularJS.
Ionic is excellent to develop basic native functionality in a computer with different operating systems. The framework also allows fast and cost-effective development and eliminates maintenance requirements, because you need to write a single application for the Web and Mobile platforms. Besides, there is a range of useful features available for the command-line interface. Examples of ionic frameworks are MarketWatch. Pacifica, Sworkit, JustWatch, etc.
Pros of Ionic Framework
- Build an application once and distribute it to devices like iOS, Android and Windows.
- The implementation of AngularJS provides a solid SDK for rich and robust applications.
- The HTML, CSS and JS platform focuses on rapid development, low costs, and low maintenance.
Cons of Ionic Framework
- The output of the app may not be as fast as if the app was native to every device.
- The use of AngularJS allows developers to be able to create complex applications.
- In-app navigation building can be especially challenging because the UI-router is currently difficult to navigate
Though Ionic disadvantages impact the fact that the program is not explicitly designed for each device. But still Ionic is a great option to build simple native functionalities to run on multiple devices and operating systems in an application.
Pros of React Native
- Faster to build
- One framework Multiple
- Hot Reloading
- Smaller Teams
- Fast Application
- Simplified UI
- Reliable and stable Apps
Cons of React Native
- Ready-made components
- Native code required
- App performance lacks as compared to pure native apps
- Components quality
- Steep learning curve
In conclusion, React Native is a fantastic platform for something basic and fast – like applications with lists, lotteries, etc., anything more complicated than that would take more resources.
Many hybrid apps frameworks are available and in the list of the desirable framework, the phone gap is also there. Let’s understand what the phone gap & why you should opt for it?
PhoneGap is an amazing cross-platform system that helps developers to build apps that run seamlessly on various mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows and more. It also provides a Build service where you can develop app-store-ready applications without the hassle of maintaining native SDKs, as the devices are complied with directly in the PhoneGap cloud. PhoneGap has an extensive plugin library where you can find nearly all the plugins you need to build your app and you can also get support from PhoneGap developers ‘wide group.
Pros of Phone Gap
- Strong and Robust backed
- Compatible on all platforms
- Ease of development
For everything else, there are some areas for a change of PhoneGap too. Now that we’ve looked at its strengths we can move on and look at its drawbacks.
Cons of Phone Gap
- Not all functionalities are supported.
- PhoneGap can be inefficient when operating with native software.
- The performance of cross-platform applications is quite modest when compared to apps built for individual platforms
- The PhoneGap framework allows the developers to create the apps once. It then charges some fees every month.
We just looked at the outstanding features and reviewed some of the strengths of the PhoneGap system. Entrepreneurs should evaluate the advantages and disadvantages based on business requirements, project costs and then take a judicious call.
Pros of Framework7
- Framework 7 helps you to create IOS and android apps only with the HTML, CSS and JS code.
- It is not more difficult than designing a website to create any mobile applications under framework 7.
- Other frameworks such as angular and react can be used.
- High-performance animation
- It’s an Ios specific, that’s why most leading ios developers in India use the framework 7 for ios app development. THough It was later adopted for android.
Cons of Framework 7
- Framework 7 has been designed around the Apple environment, so themes on Android devices may not look fine.
- Except for android and ios, it doesn’t support other platforms.
- A support forum is difficult to use.
The development of Xamarin apps is seen as one of the best tools to build cross-platform applications. Xamarin’s device user interface uses native controls on every platform. The features of reusability and the functions and software make the process fast and help save a substantial amount of time. Well, before going with xamarin, make sure that you know its pros and cons and then make a decision accordingly.
Pros of Xamarin
- User interface
- Best component store
- Xamarin test cloud
- Shared app logic can be written just once, but deployed across various platforms.
- Go live within a week
Cons of Xamarin
- Lack of community support
- Can’t share code outside xamarin
- App overhead
- Some manual coding required
Xamarin is certainly a better option than hybrid apps as they just display the app in a frame on whatever computer you run it, and connect to the platform-specific APIs to make it work.
Frameworks are seen as one of the key resources used to build mobile and web applications. It should be kept in mind that every project and demand has a specific requirement. The choice of the frame should, therefore, be made sensibly after the consumer has defined the appropriate factor.
This is of course not a complete list as there are several hybrid application development frameworks available on the market today. If you’re planning to build a mobile app, using the hybrid model upper mention frameworks would save your time and money as well as reusing the code to create a web app. As the above-mentioned are desirable frameworks.