Developing, testing, and releasing software is a breeze with Low code application platforms. There has been an uptick in demand for highly adaptable custom applications, and businesses of all sizes are turning to them to meet that need.
The maturity of these automation tools makes their use in today’s app development practically mandatory. When speed to market is a competitive advantage, as it is now, digital product teams employ every available method to produce high-quality software in record time.
But What is low code development, and why is it so popular? Hand-coding is minimized with the help of these tools, resulting in faster code development. Not only are these Application development platforms helpful for coding but also for setting up and deploying quickly.
What is low-code application development?
To remove the need to write code for every function, you must know What is low code development? Low-code application platforms help developers of various skill levels create apps. They rely on low-code platforms that come with pre-built app templates, UI controls, reusable drag-and-drop components, and other possibilities for customization and branding.
Low-code development is popular among novice programmers and others without formal training in computer science who still need to create robust applications from scratch. These systems are ideal for businesses that want to build enterprise apps but have limited resources and time.
Despite the name, low-code development does involve some coding. Compared to a no-code platform, where no coding is possible, low-code platforms allow more advanced users to fine-tune their applications with minimal coding.
Moreover, according to 26% of executives, the low-code platforms are a crucial investment in automating the organization.
Benefits of low-code development platforms
- There are numerous upsides to using Low-code Application development platforms tools, enabling more individuals to participate in building applications. These systems also assist businesses in being more nimble, and the time and effort needed to create an app are cut down significantly. Also, 20-22% of companies are using a low-code platform presently and the number is increasing day by day.
- In addition to lowering employment costs, low-code development eliminates the need for more programmers. Businesses can use these tools to create and release applications with minimal investment in IT personnel or costly outside consultants.
- Keeping up with the ever-evolving rules can be challenging for businesses. Low-code development has made it easier to implement changes quickly, meeting regulatory requirements and beating the clock.
- Low-code platforms allow firms to do it quickly and cheaply instead of investing in lengthy and costly custom development for prototyping and iterating on new ideas and applications.
- With the help of low-code platforms, organizations can quickly and easily distribute their software to desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, and even online and cloud-based devices.
- Low-code development platforms make keeping up with market and user preferences easier, directly impacting the quality of service provided to end users.
8 Best Enterprise Low-Code Development Platforms
Low code platform Appian supports native deployments and integrates with DevOps tools such as Jenkins.
Appian, an industry veteran in the low-code space, makes app development accessible to non-developers by providing a social, collaborative, and productivity-driven environment.
How does Appian work?
The software platform is developed and maintained by Appian. Appian’s low-code development platform combines intelligent automation and rapid application prototyping benefits. Appian is also utilized to improve teamwork and communication.
Appian’s strength lies in its adaptability and user-friendliness. They make it possible for people who aren’t programmers to create powerful applications without writing code.
- Support for Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure AI/ML platforms is provided without additional programming.
- All your company data, systems, and online services may be integrated without writing a single line of code.
- The offline and mobile user experience is dynamic.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple developers and users at once.
- Ability to track performance and analyze any issues that arise.
- Whether you need to create a mobile app or a large-scale business solution, Appian’s low-code platform can help you get there faster.
- Includes a plethora of interchangeable parts
The Mendix platform is a low-code platform for enterprise mobile and web applications. Organizations can quickly design, develop, and deploy enterprise applications without knowing how to code.
How does Mendix work?
With the help of Mendix, you can make any software you can imagine, from quick and easy time-savers to complex systems that keep entire companies running smoothly. As such, it facilitates the creation of apps for any platform. It can be deployed in a private cloud, in the public cloud, or on the company’s servers.
- As part of the Enterprise edition, automatic backups are also available, as well as horizontal scaling.
- A model-driven approach is used by this low-code platform, which means that applications are built by creating models that define the application’s structure and behavior.
- Integrations with APIs that are extensible and open
- A low-code software platform, Mendix provides tools for testing, creating, and deploying applications.
OutSystems is unparalleled and is one of the best low-code development platforms in terms of performance, allowing developers to quickly and efficiently build cutting-edge programs. Customers can take on strategic problems like application modernization, workplace innovation, business process automation, and customer experience transformation with visual development tools and AI-powered tools.
How does OutSystems work?
The OutSystems is one of the best low code development platforms that offer cutting-edge cloud technologies, constantly updates with new features and capabilities, and speeds up and simplifies the app lifecycle optimization process. Aside from that, it supports cross-platform app development and has a drag-and-drop user interface and data models for full-stack development.
- Your applications will deploy to the cloud or your servers without a hitch.
- You can deploy the latest program version with just one click and check all its dependencies automatically. Improve the speed and quality of your apps based on input from actual users.
- They provide a wide range of automated services and built-in resources for developing safe, scalable, and simple apps.
- Your apps could be made to work with any system.
Quickbase is a code-free platform for operational agility that streamlines and simplifies business processes across the board. When it comes to building apps that collect and store data, Quickbase is the Best low-code development platform where LCDP is available. Without extensive familiarity with table-based programming, businesses may still use the platform’s low-code development tools to create apps.
How does Quickbase work?
This platform for application development would help you link your business, and IT teams with developers so they could come up with new ideas and create the application in a way that would be secure and continue to function without interruption.
To deliver high-quality applications more quickly, the same would help you to speed up your company process.
- The ability to customize the quick base platform is precious, as well as the fact that we can use the existing app.
- Quickbase is best used when basic business logic, rather than complex coding, is required to automate procedures and connect data in real time.
- Integration channels and APIs are available to connect your app with other services such as Slack, Salesforce, Zendesk, Dropbox, QuickBooks, etc.
- Quickbase’s enterprise-level security and compliance features protect the honesty of your app.
5. Kiss flow
With Kiss Flow, you can consolidate your development efforts into a single environment. The app builder has features that improve productivity and encourage creativity on the developer’s part.
Kissflow advertises itself as a “unified digital workplace.” Primarily, it’s used for keeping track of processes and workflows.
How does Kiss flow work?
Business process management and workflow software will let you build unique apps and automate routine tasks. It comes with over 45 preconfigured apps that may be used to quickly and easily develop custom company software.
Kiss Flow Offers
- Boards with innovative technology facilitate the creation of visual workflows, increasing processes’ transparency.
- Bring together your groups and have everyone contribute to the project so you can move forward more quickly and collaborate on it more thoroughly.
- Facilitating development through the quick and straightforward digitization of forms and requests
- You can easily add functionality and logic to your mobile app without writing any code using a drag-and-drop builder.
6. Salesforce Lighting
Unlike others, the Salesforce Platform combines the speed, agility, and simplicity with the power and flexibility of a custom application. Simply click a few buttons, and you’ll be ready to go with the Salesforce Platform. Apps can be made for any purpose, from simple data collection to complex automation tasks, and no coding is required.
How does Salesforce lightning work?
With this low-code platform, customers can save time and effort on application development and deployment. This allows businesses to get new applications up and to run rapidly without allocating substantial resources to their development.
Salesforce Lighting Offers
- Allows users to build software with a visual, drag-and-drop interface quickly.
- Features a collection of prefabricated building blocks
- Supply a wide selection of pre-formatted forms
- Mobile applications can be easily created with No-Code editors.
- Creating an application from a spreadsheet only takes a few minutes.
- A Lightning Process Builder workflow can be designed at any level of complexity.
7. Zoho Creator
Business marketers are familiar with the Indian multinational technology firm Zoho thanks to its customer relationship management (CRM) software. The cross-platform nature of Zoho Creator’s app builder means that native mobile apps can be made much more quickly. Make apps on the web, share them with the world, and use them on any iOS or Android device.
How does Zoho Creator work?
With its clean interface and extensive library of pre-made apps and fields, Zoho Creator is an ideal low-code development platform. The creator is a low-cost, easy-to-use option for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) in the business app creation tool market. Still, its full customization and automation potential are unlocked only through a proprietary scripting language.
Zoho Creator Offers
- A large selection of beautiful templates is available for you to choose from and customize according to your needs.
- The tool has a workflow builder that helps you convert processes into workable workflows, speeding up the development of apps.
- Multi-lingual support is provided so that you can translate your app into multiple languages.
8. Visual LANSA
As a result of using LANSA’s low-code development platform, your development team will be able to create corporate apps faster and easier than ever before. You can regain command via LANSA.
How does Visual LANSA work?
With Visual LANSA’s low-code platform, you can streamline the process of creating cutting-edge goods and powering your business’s engine more quickly and efficiently. Low-code and conventional coding are brought together in a single integrated development environment (IDE), facilitating the creation of desktop and online apps with shared resources.
It shortens the time it takes to create, release, and run applications. Separate departments for programming and information technology can be broken down. Stay in the IDE to build the whole project and use LANSA’s bridge features to effortlessly port over code written in other languages.
Visual LANSA Offers
- Build desktop, web, and mobile applications with this powerful low-code IDE.
- You can build apps faster, easier, and at a lower cost than you could with traditional methods.
- Tests, deployments, and integrations are tightly controlled.
- There are more than a thousand companies around the world that use it.
- IBMi, Windows, and the Web are the only platforms that support low code.
Best low-code development platforms: The solution for your business
Various advantages are available from each of the common code platforms discussed above. However, it might be challenging to pick the best solution for your business among the numerous. Because of this, you should think about what your company needs before deciding. A group of skilled software engineers is necessary, in addition to a solid low-code platform, to create a successful software product.
The low-code platform is an invaluable resource for developers and those unfamiliar with programming. Using one of these frameworks, you may rapidly create and tweak the applications to meet your unique requirements. While there is no shortage of development tools and frameworks on the market, the ones we’ve hand-picked for their extensive features, fast performance, and scalability are the best options for low-code projects.
However, professional assistance is necessary to keep the low-code applications updated and ensure they work with the rest of the enterprise’s IT system. In such a situation, connect with our Parangat team, who are skilled professionals and ready to lend a hand anytime.
With roll up sleeves, dive in and get the job done approach, it was in the year 2010 when Sahil started Parangat Technologies. Emphasizing a healthy work culture and technology-driven company, he has successfully created a workplace where people love to work and live. He is a software engineer and a passionate blockchain enthusiast.